Pre Orders have just been announced for Nvidia’s Tegra 4 Android powered handheld gaming system Project Shield. Beginning May 20th, 2013 you can pre-order SHIELD direct from Nvidia for gamers following SHIELD via Notify Me list. It will be available for $350 to those in the United States and Canada only from shield.nvidia.com as well from retail partners, GameStop, Newegg, Micro Center, and Canada Computers.
SHIELD comes with a mouth watering set of features:
- Tegra 4 quad-core chipset: 72 custom GPU cores and four Cortex-A15 CPU cores
- Dual analog joysticks, a full-sized D-Pad, left and right analog triggers, full-sized bumpers and A/B/X/Y buttons
- High Fidelity Audio and Video: 5-inch, 720p retinal multi-touch display and custom bass reflex tuned port audio system
- Memory and Storage: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal flash storage and microSD storage slot
- Android Jelly Bean: The latest Android Jelly Bean operating system
- 802.11n 2X2 MIMO game-speed Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, mini-HDMI, micro-USB 2.0 and 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack
SHIELD can play any Android game available, but it can also play PC games too such as titles through Steam streamed to the device. Once Nvidia’s GRID becomes more abundant, you will be able to play pretty much any game available on their game streaming service as well as long as you’re connected to the internet. Shield will come with two games pre-installed: Expendable: Rearmed and Sonic 4 Episode II THD.